I’m back again with another incredibly good recipe… a berry match(a) bowl made in heaven! Greens and berries combine for the ultimate colorful and nutrient-dense mix of beauty foods to make you FEEL good, too! The turmeric matcha powder I’ll be using in this recipe is from Pildora, likewise, so are the bee pollen and vanilla protein.
I love incorporating Pildora products because I am 100% sure I can trust their quality, origin, and sustainability. All brands undergo a very careful vetting process in order to be in Pildora Now Shop and that makes me feel confident that I’m putting all the best ingredients into my body. Their evaluation process takes into consideration three main pillars: environmental, ethical, and economic.
For those of you who don’t already know, Pildora is a curated shop for sustainable and clean beauty, wellness, and fashion. Pildora’s mission is to build a community through clean living, self-love, and environmental consciousness. Which are values that truly align with my own.
Before getting started with the recipe I wanted to share a few of the health benefits matcha and bee pollen have to offer. Because trust me when I say, these two ingredients pack an antioxidant and immune-boosting punch that will leave you feeling energized and ready to tackle your daily to-do list!
Matcha Tea Benefits
Stress Reduction: Despite having a certain amount of caffeine, matcha tea is calming (versus coffee, which can give you jitters, afternoon crashes, and increase anxiety levels). Research shows that matcha tea assists in reducing both mental and physical stress.
Antioxidant: Antioxidants help protect your body from free-radical damage, lessen inflammation, and boost immune function. Matcha tea is super high in antioxidants.
A 2003 study found that drinking 1 cup of matcha tea has 137 times the amount of antioxidant components compared to a regular cup of green tea, however, other studies have also suggested a more modest level, of only about 2-3 times the amount found in conventional green tea. Either way, it’s still a better antioxidant-rich option!
What’s the buzz with bee pollen?
Bee pollen is the minuscule pollen balls that honeybees pack into pellets, it is primarily food made by bees for the young bees. This mixture of pellet-like pollen collected by bees as they spring from flower to flower is nowadays considered a “superfood” by many experts because it contains pretty much every single nutrient vital to health—including B vitamins and folic acid, amino acids, and protein, which are all super important for anyone following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Experts state that bee pollen can give you enhanced energy, a boost to immunity, improved digestion, among many other health benefits. In fact, recent studies have shown that regular consumption of bee pollen can effectively increase metabolism and help to improve muscle mass, weight loss, and appetite control. I’ve also found from my own personal experience that consuming bee pollen daily helps keep my hunger levels in check!
So, there you have it! These two, antioxidant-rich superfood ingredients sure do pack a punch… which is why they’re becoming staples in my kitchen cabinet! And I mean, you all probably already know that I LOVE matcha, so the use of this ingredient should come as no surprise.
Right, the moment you’ve all been waiting for. This nutrient-dense mix of beauty foods will make you FEEL so good, nourished, and ready to face the day! As mentioned a little earlier in this article, I used my favorite Pildora Now products for this recipe.
Use the CODE darya15 for 15% OFF!
They’ve been super kind and given a code to share with you all, but of course, if you already have these ingredients sat in the back of a kitchen pantry somewhere then make sure to use those up first! The recipe flavor won’t change much, as long as you follow the instructions.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 cup plant-based milk (add more liquid as necessary)
- 2 scoops of @pildoranow plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves (or any combination of greens)
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup cauliflower, pre-steamed and frozen (optional for added nutrients & creaminess)
- 2 teaspoons @pildoranow matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (omit if using vanilla protein)
- 2 large bananas, sliced & frozen
- Pinch of sea salt
- @pildoranow bee pollen
For the purple half of the smoothie: 1 cup frozen blueberries & additional nut milk
Topping choices: granola, hemp seeds, blueberries, bee pollen, coconut, mint leaves.
- Combine the nut milk & leafy greens in a high-speed food processor and blend until smooth. Then proceed to add the matcha and avocado – blend again. Once the mixture is smooth, add in all of the remaining ingredients apart from the blueberries. Leave those to one side for the time being.
- Blend smooth adding nut milk when necessary. Remember to try to keep the consistency of the smoothie somewhat thick.
- Next, divide the mixture and place half in a mason jar or bowl. (leave the other half in the food processor or blender.)
- With green smoothie mix left in the blender, add the frozen blueberries and any additional nut milk. Then blend again, until the entire smoothie turns creamy and a vibrant color purple.
- Fill the bowls with the colorful mixture. And top with nutritional boosts of your choice. Then dig in!
NOTE: a good idea is to place the bowls in the freezer while blending the berry portion. Or if you want an easier to layer smoothie bowl you can use mason jars instead.
So there you have it! I hope you’ve enjoyed the berry and green matcha smoothie bowl recipe, and you feel inspired to give it a try.
Stay tuned for my next recipes. And don’t forget to share this delicious superfood-filled smoothie bowl recipe so that others like you can enjoy it too.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. Enjoy!