Trip to Australia was without a doubt one of the best trips of my life! I got engaged in December so my father decided to organize our last trip as a family of four. We all agreed on Australia since none of us been there previously but always wanted to go. We only had three weeks to see it all! We traveled to Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, the Great Barrier Reef and the Gold Coast. We switched seven planes in total, not to mention constant packing and unpacking …but I must say it was all worth it!
Our last stop was the Gold Coast, where we spent our final six days in Aussieland. The Gold Coast is a metropolitan region south of Brisbane on Australia’s east coast, famed for its long sandy beaches and surfing. The waves are so high that is why almost every kilometer of the coastline has a lifeguard deck and flags which indicate the restricted area for swimming. So if you are into surfing or surfers (he he) Gold Coast is the place to be!
During our time on the coast we stayed in Surfers Paradise which is the most touristy and popular suburb of the Gold Coast. Here is some of my favourite places and things to do there:
– Beach Beach Beach! Spend as much time on the beach! Anywhere along the coast really. If you like people watching and would like to refresh yourself with couple of drinks I would recommend staying closer to the Broad Beach. It is the heart of the Surfers Paradise. If you like privacy, you can find quite spots just couple of kilometres left or right from the central beach…that easy!
– Go to Broad Beach for little shops, restaurants, nightclubs, public markets etc.
– Surf, jet ski fly board, scuba dive! There are bunch of shops located along the coastline with all the information.
– Hire a bike tour around the city.
– Go to SkyPoint Observation deck which is located 230 meters of the ground!
– Visit Jupiters Casino for some fine dinning and Pacific Fair Centre for shopping.
– Visit Versace Hotel. The hotel is beyond stunning and most importantly everything there from tiles to the napkins is…. Versace! Stop there for the afternoon tea and enjoy the interior.
As always thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for the next Australia diary!
I simply want to tell you that I am just very new to blogging and site-building and really enjoyed this website. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You certainly come with awesome well written articles. Cheers for sharing your web page.
This website is amazing. I will tell about it to my friends and anybody that could be interested in this subject. Great work guys!
This blog is the best. You are a good man.LikeLike
You are a very bright individual!